COLCHESTER MOT CENTRE Privacy Privacy
Below we have outlined the ways in which collect your information:
- When you buy an automotive service
- If you sign up to one of our mailing lists
- If you respond to a promotion or enter a competition
- If you use any of our websites
- If you contact us directly via email or on the telephone
- If you create an account on one of our websites
What information we collect Why How long do we keep this for?
Your Name (First & Last)
To send you your invoice, take payments and to give you a more personalised experience. We’ll keep this for up to 6years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be by making a purchase, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email.
Payment Information (Bank card details & billing address)
This is passed on to a trusted third-party provider who will use it to process your payment. You can choose to save your details when creating an account with us so you don’t need to keep typing them in, but this information is encrypted to us and visible to you only. If you decide to save your card details on your account these will remain on there for as long as your account is active, however you can delete these at any time.
A key bit of info we need to send out your reminders. If you’ve opted in to our mailing list we’ll also use the post code you give us to send you information on promotions nearby to you. To make your buying experience easier, we’ll save your address on your account if you’ve purchased with us before. We’ll keep this for no longer than 6 years, at which point we’ll ask you to update your information and let us know you’re still happy for us to use this. If you’ve given us your address for a competition, we’ll use this to send you your prize and then delete the info.
This helps us to tailor our communication so we can send you automotive information we think you’ll be most interested in. We will contact you to inform you of important renewals such as MOT and Service reminders. We’ll keep this for as long as you’re on our database.
Address & Device type
Your email address is used to send any necessary information for services you have booked, for example, if there’s a cancellation or change in time for your appointment. If you have opted in to receive marketing emails from us then we’ll also use it to send you news and information about upcoming promotions or critical information about your MOT and Service. You can opt out of these emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom or by emailing or writing to us with your details. We’ll keep this for up to 6 years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be by making a purchase, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email.
To send you reminders about your appointment or to send you information you need to know about the services you are booked in for. Please note we have to pass your mobile number on to a trusted external company who send out text messages on our behalf. We’ll keep this for up to 6 years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be by making a purchase, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email.
We work hard to deliver great services, so from time to time we might also contact you for market research purposes to help us achieve this. We respect your privacy and will never share your information with third parties unless you give your consent.
You have lots of rights in regard to your data.
- The right to request what personal information we have on file. You can request this by emailing info@colchesterMOT.co.uk, please note it takes a little while to pull this together but we’ll make sure we get it over to you no later than one month after requested.
- The right to make sure your information is correct and up to date. If you want to update any of your information, including your marketing preferences, you can email us and we’ll update this within a month.
- If you decide you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us you can opt out at any time by following the “Unsubscribe” procedure at the bottom of any Colchester MOT Centre newsletter or by writing to us by mail or email (see the section “How to contact us” below). This process may take up to one month from receipt of the letter or email.
- If you decide our services are no longer for you and you would like us to delete data, we hold on you then you can do that too, please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
Unit 22 Davey Close, Colchester, CO12XL